Monday, July 13, 2020

At the Zoo: Ecomare 2020

Me went to Texel, me went to Texel! Tee hee! Me went on vacation in the beginning of June and me told you a lot about me vacation last Saturday, but me left out the bestest of best parts: me visited Ecomare! Yes me love to visit this educational and rescue centre, because you can learn so much about the Dutch North- and mostly Waddensea. And there are seals!!! Me just love seals. They look soooo adorable with there big eyes. Just like me, hihi. (pictures by Berry de Nijs)

June 11 2020

So, on June 11 Berry jumped on her bike and we rode through the rain (me was hiding in her Harry Potter Boston Bag) from our holiday house to Ecomare. When we got there, the rain stopped a little, so me got to get out of the bag and into the museum and rescue centre. Also, due to corona, we made a reservation to get in. First stop was the new exhibit about the Wadden. Did you know the whole Wadden are on the UNESCO world heritage list? Me not know that, but me learnt it at the exhibit.


With this game you had to say which creatures live at the Wadden, who are frequent visitors and which ones are total strangers… it was hard! Me looooved the wallpaper too.



Then we went outside to visit the seals! Hello sweetiepie, how are you today?


As me told before about Ecomare, it is a place where sick or abandoned seals and seabirds are brought to recover. When they can catch their own food, the seals will be brought back to the ocean. If seals cannot go back, they stay at the centre. This little cutee petooties were rescued.



At the centre there are all kinds of statues too. Me love to play with the seals and breach with the humpback whale! It so fun!



THEN we went to the aquarium in the basement. Here you learn EVERYTHING about the ocean life and loads more. Like where all the seals in the world live and how rays and sharks lay eggs under water.



We went shark searching too. And just look at all the pretty fishees!


At the Whale Room you learn all about whales! We studied the evolution wall. No you think these ancient whales kinda look like plushies?



Me just love it at Ecomare. We also had cake, me chatted with a plushie seal and sat in a little boat! Me know me will visit again!

No comments: