Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Toulouse & Montauban



Hi everybody! Here me, Cookie Monster, again. Me is almost ready to conclude me series about me vacation in France. Next week will be the last. Today me will talk about two other cities me have visited during the vacation. First stop: Toulouse.

Pretty Toulouse
Toulouse is a large, historic city. It has beautiful churches and most of all a huge palace at a square in the middle of the city. There is no king living there, but it is still used. Me do not know what for though. Me have been mostly shopping at Toulouse. O and lunching. O boy that was one yummy and healthy lunch, with a tuna melt with mozzarella and grilled veggies. After lunch me visited the cookie store me told you about a few weeks back. Toulouse was a pretty city. Me looooooved that cookie store though! The specialty of Toulouse are sugared violet flowers. Om nom nom.



Montauban
The city of Montauban was a whole different cookie. The city is built on top of a fort. So when you walk in the city, you do not have the feeling you really are visiting a fort. There have been many fighting at Montauban. One of the famous fights has to do with cannons. There still is a cannonball impact wound in the walls of the fortress. Also the specialty of Montauban is named after the cannons: Cannonsballs of Montauban. It is chocolate covered hazelnuts. Me loved them. At Montauban we went shopping, ran around a huge fountain, saw some gorgeous buildings and got a special coffee with chocolate chip cookies! Well, Berry drank the coffee, she shared some cookies with me!




Next week me will tell more about the cabin me stayed at. And the games we have been playing on hot days.
Bye bye for now.

No comments: