Sunday, October 05, 2014

Dutch National COOKIE DAY!



O boy O boy! You are not kidding? Is it really true? The Dutch celebrate National Cookie Day today. O boy. Me love me some cookies. And freshly baked are the best! But what kind of holiday is this precisely?

Okay. What is this day all about. It is quite simple. You bake me some cookies and me will eat them. Simple huh. But there is more to it. You can bake some cookies and give some to your neighbours too (me live right next door…) and chat a little with them. It is a way to get to know each other better. Well, me like that. It is good to be neighbourly.

This day is invented by the Dutch stand-up comedian Jasper Smit. He had a concussion once and couldn’t watch TV and wasn’t allowed to use his computer. So he needed something else to do. He started to bake cookies (om nom nom) and treated his neighbours to one of his fresh batch. He discovered that during the eating of that one cookie you could learn a lot from people. After that discovery he thought it would be awesome for everyone to get to know each other through freshly baked yummy cookies! And Cookie Day was born.

O me love Jasper. It is the best Holiday EVER!
Now me hope a lot of neighbours will start baking cookies for me. Me will ask Berry to bake some for me too. Chocolat Chip please! Those are my favourite!

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

No comments: