Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Ice skating



A real Dutch sport is Speedskating. Although it is popular in other countries too, the Dutch really rule at it. The Dutch can get excited to watch others skate 10.000 meters in an iceskating stadium. Me did not understand until Berry dragged me to Thialf in Heerenveen on 7th of November to go and watch the Dutch Nationals. And now me understands!

It is awesome. Those men and women are so fast me did not know where to look. Me loved it. And the band in between was awesome too. It was one great party and me watched in awe when the skaters were skating faster and faster!
The 10.000 meters were a highlight of the day, even as the 1.500 meters were we could see Olympic Champion Mark Tuitert race his heart out... and unfortunately came in second after Simon Kuipers. But it didn't matter.
It was a great Sunday! Maybe me wants to learn iceskating too :)






No comments: